FREE Introductory Lesson!
(with no further obligation; see details below*)
"I feel like our family struck gold when we found Treyan Porter...I would highly recommend Treyan and his methods to any student who loves piano!"–Deveri T.
"I have now been his student for over 2 months and have already learned a great deal about improvisation, arranging, and music theory. Even though I have been playing the piano for almost 20 years, I still benefit from Treyan's teaching because it is unlike anything I have ever done before. Treyan has made playing the piano fun for me again and I can't thank him enough for that."–James S.
"Treyan is amazing! He is a one-of-a-kind piano teacher...Treyan will help you–or your kids–develop a talent you didn't even know you had. I highly recommend him. You won't be disappointed." –Michelle T.
Read the full reviews, and others HERE
- Would you like to learn how to compose music, while learning to play the piano?
- Are you interested in continuing with your music training, but want to develop your skills beyond sight-reading the notes on the page? Maybe you would like to expand upon this “traditional” way of playing piano, and want something more creative?
- Do you want to get better at improvising with your piano playing?
- Do you want to learn to create engaging arrangements of songs you enjoy?
- Would you like to be able to compose songs of your own AND back them up with varied and interesting arrangements?
- Maybe you want to expand upon your knowledge of theory and be able to apply the theory you learn in your arrangements or songs? Or do you want to have a better understanding of how your favorite songs were created (to see into the mind of the composer), and use this information to make your own songs better?
I am a musician, songwriter, and music teacher currently residing in Davis County, Utah. I teach piano, but with an emphasis on improvisation, arrangement, and songwriting, using theory as the foundation. In other words, I teach piano how I enjoy playing the piano. And I have found that my students also get excited about this way of playing and learning the piano. Many of my students have taken piano lessons for many years, either recently or in the past, before coming to me. And this method opens up an entirely new set of possibilities for their piano playing.
Simply put, this method is perfect for the individual who has taken piano before and is ready to expand upon "playing the notes on the page", to then "creating the notes on the page". With this in mind, I do teach all ages. And this method can be catered to any level of experience.
Not convinced yet? Or not sure if this is a good fit for you, or your child?
*Well, come sit through a free 30 minute introductory lesson, where I will explain the program further and demonstrate this method. This is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions. To schedule one of these free lessons, you can email me at: email@example.com Or simply click on the contact button at the top of this page and leave a message.
Thanks so much!
Some more information:
• There are currently two lesson packages available, with lesson duration and corresponding monthly tuition as follows:
Package option 1: Four 60-minute lessons–$200 tuition ($50 per 60-minute lesson)
Package option 2: Four 30-minute lessons–$120 tuition ($30 per 30-minute lesson)
Two students can share a 60-minute lesson package (package option 1). However, only one student will be allowed per lesson. This package can be shared by any two individuals; They do not have to be related.
• Lessons are held at Spotlight Children's Theater in a private studio space. I am excited to be partnered with this great company because they do an amazing job. If you are not familiar with Spotlight Children's Theater, check them out at the following link: www.spotlightchildrenstheater.com